Google Announces New Feature Allowing Video On GMB Listings
There's another update coming out of Google, but this time with the Google My Business platform. As of last week, companies now have the capability to upload videos to their Google My Business listing. You can also view videos added by customers! This is an exciting update for two reasons:
- Video works. It’s compelling; it’s captivating; it converts. Videos will live within the local photo section on your listing, so as customers are scrolling through they will find your videos just as easily!
- Your GMB listing is an incredibly significant piece to your digital performance puzzle. GMB listings are considered the number one most important ranking factor for the local map pack. A well-rounded listing will only help your performance on a local level.
Other important details to note:
- Right now, the platform only supports videos up to 30 seconds in length
- It may take up to 24 hours for uploaded videos to appear live
- Videos will appear in the overview tab of the Google My Business Dashboard
- Notifications for videos uploaded by customers will be available soon
Are you a contractor? The team at the Treehouse suggests the follows:
- You can upload videos of your services to give potential customers some insight to your process. Do you have time-lapse videos of a kitchen remodel or a roof replacement? Have you recorded footage of a demolition to show the impact on a home? Show off what you can do!
- Share about your company with employee or office videos. Include commercial copy or a customer story. Are you hiring? Show off why someone would want to work with your company!
- Upload short video testimonials to showcase why customers love working with you.